YSEALI Professional Fellows Program 2019
Applications closed next round around October 2019I can apply or recommend someone … “IF” I’m between 25 and 35 years old Can speak, read and write in English Can speak and answer questions in public Understand the program and meaning Explain my work and why I have to go Can formulate the program objectives Are Thai Work or volunteer in a CSO/NGO Able to travel/have 40 day leave in spring 2020
non-working, non-professionals or students are not eligible to apply
Have Read the Program and Facts
Please read the program summary first.
Click here to see the content below.
Line(english) id: hankorstanje Phone(english): +66 (0)95 487 2714 Program website:
Yseali Fellowship U.S Young Working Professionals
มอส-Thai volunteer service Thai Volunteer Services (TVS) 409 Soi Rohitsook, Pracharajbampen Rd.,.Huay-Kwang, Bangkok 10320, Thailand.
Learning initiatives investigate the industry’s most pressing issues to find effective, replicable solutions.
Broaden your horizons, share your perspective, and engage
Once-In-a-Lifetime Opportunity Learn Improve Creative Solutions Skills Promoting Economic Development Environmental Protection Education Civic Engagement Establish International Partnership
Please use the online Application to apply and the downloaded form for your reference only,
only in special cases we allow you to use the downloaded word application as a valid application
(for reference only)
Here are some tricks and tips:
YSEALI U.S Fellow ApplicantsIf you recently signed up or showed interest for our new Fall 2019 application, 6 weeks U.S all cost covered. We encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible but at least before 15 of November 2019 If you have any problems or questions or need help to fill the form we are glad to help you with it, Simply send me an email with all your questions at: email@example.com
Tips for a successful application:
1. Write in your own words and thinking
2. Not worry about your English
3. Don’t copy and paste text from others
4. Try to connect your answers to civic engagement
5. Civic engagement: what’s your vision about, what you going to do with it in your workplace?
6. Explain your leadership qualities
7. Keep your answers short but with the open questions at least 100 words or more
8. Write your biography in third person means you not use I form (like I am 26 but instead: Han is 26 years old and works…….)
9. What’s your vision for the future to implant the things you learned in the U.S. in your work and/or volunteer work
10. What’s your connection with civic/social engagement
11. Answer all questions
12. Discuss the program with your superiors and ask for willingness to host American fellows and seek approval for your travel
Testimonials pictures and video previous candidates
- Promote mutual understanding and lasting partnerships between mid-level emerging leaders.
- Provide opportunities for global emerging leaders to share ideas, approaches, and strategies regarding civic engagement .
- Enhance leadership and professional skills for fellows from around the world.
- Build a global network of like-minded professionals.
The United States government will cover all participant costs,
meals; lodging; and cultural allowances.
- 18 successful applicants from Southeast Asia will participate in Cohort Two
- Cohort One Travels to the U.S.: Approx April 25– June 1, 2020
- Selected Southeast Asian applicants may host U.S. partners in their country between August 2019 and June 2020. Approximately 13 U.S. partners will travel to Asia, so this will not be a one-to-one exchange. Not each Southeast Asian participant will host a U.S. participant, but each Southeast Asian applicant must agree to do so in case they are chosen to host a U.S. participant.
- The recruitment period is February 1 – March 30, 2019. Application review will be conducted by local partners in conjunction with the Mansfield Center of the University of Montana.
- Successful applicants will be notified about the first round results before 30 December 2019
- Successful applicants will progress to a telephone interview between December 15-31 in order to assess English-language skills and further ascertain suitability for the program.
- A select number will be chosen for personal interviews january 1-21, 2020.
*The YSEALI Professional Fellows Program is offered twice per year.Selection Criteria
- English-language capability to be successful in an English-language program for five weeks.
- Clear understanding of civic engagement issues that affect your community.
- Completion of relevant education (preferred but not required).
- Suitability of the applicant’s organization to benefit from this exchange and to host a U.S. participant.
- Potential commitment to hosting a U.S. participant for 10-14 days. This includes organizing a professional program, a cultural orientation, and working with the local partner and the Mansfield Center to organizing logistics such as lodging and transportation. (All activities are paid for by the program, not by you or your organization.)
- The support of your supervisor and/or organization for both your participation as well as for hosting a U.S. Fellow.
- A commitment to the time investment required to make the program a success.
- A demonstrated interest in working in cross-cultural settings.
- Demonstrated understanding of program objectives.
- Communication of personal goals in line with program objectives.
- Demonstrated commitment to strengthening your community.
- Little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States.
- Be willing and able to fully participate in an intensive program, Fellowship position, community service, and travel program in the U.S. for approximately 5 weeks.
- Be able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those in your country.
- Understand that this is not tourism or a luxury program. This is a busy professional program.
- Aged 25-35: this program is for emerging leaders, not for students or high-level experts.
- Plan to return to your organization following completion of the program.
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in your work.
- Participants chosen from each country as a whole reflect the diversity of that country in terms of its populace, geography, and variety of interests/fields/organizations.
The deadline for applications is 15 November 2019.